Full Stack Developer
JOIN THE TEAM
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to [email protected]
Two Three Bird is a global insurance business that provides innovative and sophisticated bicycle and cyclist insurance solutions to our partners in four continents.
Our plug-and-play insurance solutions enable seamless integrations into partner businesses, providing partners with insurance offerings that enhance their customer value proposition and generate long term revenue.
Our end to end insurance services empowers our partners to focus on building their brand, distribution and customer engagement while we seamlessly cover all insurance licences, product development, underwriting, website development and integration, policy administration, customer service and claims management.
We are looking for a seasoned full-stack engineer to build out and manage our entire web infrastructure. Successful candidates will have a minimum of five’ recent experience with all the skills listed below.
You will be part of an exciting journey within a rapidly growing company. We are in the process of redefining our tech stack and you will play a key role in supporting our team in building a strong scalable foundation.
While we are in the process of updating our old tech stack, we are looking for someone that is flexible and methodical in their approach. We will need to maintain our current tech stack and keep business running as usual, while updating and refining features incrementally.
- Design and implementation of the overall web architecture
- “Pixel-perfect” implementation of our approved user interface (well, REALLY close at least)
- Design and deployment of our database
- Ensuring the entire stack is designed and built for speed and scalability
- Design and construction of our REST API
- Integrating our front-end UI with the constructed API
- Design and implementation of continuous integration and deployment
- Aligned to our company values and culture
- We like people who take ownership
- Has a passion for what they do and would like to see their efforts make a difference
- Can take constructive feedback
- Enjoys learning and sharing their knowledge with the team. We have weekly knowledge sharing sessions.
- Team player, that can also function independently. We succeed and fail as one.
- At least three years’ experience with:
- Proficient with PHP
- Database design and management, including being up on the latest practices and associated versions
- Server management and deployment for the relevant environment
- Familiarity with a relevant and globally supported framework – both front-end and back-end, React, Vue, Laravel.
- Familiarity with headless WordPress.
- Ideally, familiarity with CSS pre-processors, bundlers, and associated languages/syntaxes/libraries such as Sass, Less, and webpack.
- Experience implementing testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficiency with Git
- Familiar with AWS
- Appreciation for clean and well-documented code
- Familiar code best practice and standards
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 5-8 years’ experience.
- Birthday leave
- Flexible working hours
- Weekly team socials
- Good coffee
- Friday’s GIN and TED Talks
- Choose your OS (windows/linux)
Tech we use
- Redis/Datadog/New Relic